Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nothing quite like a Cajun celebration



There's just something about Mardi Gras that excites me. No, it's not the Dirty Fest that is New Orleans. Not my scene, I assure you. But I do love the feather masks and boas and an excuse to doll up my redhead. Even before the redhead though, I celebrated it because again, feather masks and boas. Who can resist those, honestly?

It also helps that those Crazy Cajuns like King Cake. Yum! (Just minus the golden infant. No artificial babies added.)



And when I called them Crazy Cajuns, I meant that affectionately, okay?

I forced my way into Bailey's preschool class with the luring charms of King Cake, napkins, grape punch, and craft supplies. Oh yeah, I totally crashed their party. And yeah, I probably was the house guest nobody wanted. But hey, I brought beads too!

And I didn't make the kids do anything improper for them, all they had to do was behave. Although perhaps behaving is misconduct in their eyes. I know their teacher found my photographing to be improper as she was modeling a jester hat and mask for the children during her explanation of the Mardi Gras festivities. And she was a bit fearful that it'd end up on this blog. Rightly so.




The dog and cat also concur that photographing is improper.




These kids sure know how to party! They were also very creative.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures of the class making their masks out of paper plates, feathers, paper confetti and sequins, but hopefully you can use your imaginations. After all, that's what the Cajuns would do. That'd explain what they do for the beads perfectly.


No comments: